Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Friends

Since we were in kindergarten we’ve had people in our lives that we call best friends. Often, at certain points of growing up a new person will take over this title- or maybe the title will dismiss itself until you find someone who you believe genuinely deserves it.

Yes, I say deserves it. Because personally for me, I pride myself on being a good friend and I always second guess who I should be making efforts to keep in my life and who I should cut my losses with.

I’ve had many different friends, been a part of many different social circles, and have gotten many different opinions about other people during my time in school. I learned that there are such things as horrible people in the world, and though they may have equally great parts to balance these out you should not waste your time on someone that you second-guess, especially when it comes to a friend.

I spent years trying to figure out what I look for in a best friend because everyone has their downfalls and it can be hard to decipher which ones are worse than others.


I still struggle daily to figure out who really has my back, who would be there to pick me up if I ever fell and I’m sure there’s ways to test and find out but the results are daunting.



I can stand firmly in knowing this though; be kind to everyone whether a friend or a stranger. If you see someone struggling, offer him or her a helping hand. If you wish to let go of a relationship, release them slowly for you never know what one moment, one smile, or one small act of kindness can or did provide to another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment